This code provides a sample implementation of a BIB and ITEM extract using the Sierra REST API.
This code has been shared for illustrative purposes. Some of this code contains institution-specific logic.
The Georgetown University Libraries provide quarterly, monthly, and daily extracts our catalog data to the Washington Regional Library Consortium (WRLC). Prior to the creation of this program, these files were generated by our Systems Librarian using Sierra client functionality. This program was written in order to reduce the staff time required to produce these data files and to increase the frequency of delivery of these files.
Types of extracts:
- Deletes - bibs deleted on the prior business day
- Adds - bibs added on the prior business day
- Updates - bibs updated on the prior business day
- Adds or Updates - bibs either added or updated on the prior business day
- All - full catalog extract
The full catalog extract process will need to execute over a period of several business days during off-peak hours. The system has been designed to batch ad continue this process.